Zion Calendar

Wednesday 4 September 2013

A visitor to Zion opens my eyes!



Last week at Zion, we had a visitor. Tina dropped by, as she was admiring our church and wanted to see the inside. Tina moved to Liverpool with her husband about 2 years ago and has begun exploring the area after some long home renovations. She specifically was interested in our stain glassed windows. In particular she noticed the etched window in the centre of the front of the church. 

It was an interesting visit, as I had never noticed this etched window before and I thought others would like to see it too. Familiarity is a funny thing, because the more you are familiar with something the less you seem to see. I only started to really appreciate the stain glassed windows, when the chairs in the Sanctuary were moved at an angle. 

Tina was also admiring our church organ pipes. I hope she may join us one Sunday to hear Marjorie play. 

Here is a look around Zion United Church.


 








Inside


and out.