Zion Calendar

Wednesday 18 September 2013

A message from Karl & Georgia Nolph

This message was passed along from Karl & Georgia Nolph. Their grand daughter Shelby Ringdahl after her experience in the Miss America Contest on Sunday Night. She sends thanks to all her Canadian friends that supported her. 

As I arrive home from Miss America, I can't even put into words the feelings that flood my heart. What an incredible experience filled with amazing memories and new, wonderful friends. I am absolutely humbled to have made it to the Top 12 in the Miss America finals. Hearing your name called on that stage is something I never thought would be the outcome of crossing something off the bucket list. Would I have loved to sing "Defying Gravity" on the Miss America stage on national television, yes, but making the top 15 was my goal and so I refused to feel disappointed. More rewarding is being Top 3 in the American People's Choice votes. Thank you to all my TCU, Missouri, CASA, Theta, and even my Canadian friends who constantly voted and shared. Your efforts mean more than you know. Entertainment Weekly also named Miss Missouri for Best Personality. Perhaps the thing that means the most is the almost 70 people who travelled from Missouri, Texas, Connecticut, and DC to be in the audience with bedazzled letters, posters, and loud voices. Knowing that I got to see you all at the end of every day of competition is what gave me so much ease and a constant reminder to just be myself. Thank you to all for every phone call, text, fb message, letter, and prayer...those words are what truly matter most to me at the end of the day. I feel beyond blessed to have been a part of Miss America 2014 and look forward to what God has in store for the rest of my year as your Miss Missouri 2013